St-Roch Chapel (1816)

St-Roch Chapel can be found in the heart of the cemetery, and was founded in 1816 by Mr. and Mrs.Maurice-Bracq, who chose to devote it to Saint-Roch, the gravediggers' patron saint. The chapel was enlarged in 1876 and it became a convenient place of worship for the residents of the nearby old people's home. Even before the construction of the chapel, this place had already some kind of religious character : in the Middle-Ages, an institution looking after plague-stricken and leper-stricken people existed there.